The Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women, a national helpline for victims of partner violence, is conducting research related to intimate partner violence. We are seeking dedicated volunteer research assistants to help us in this and other related projects. Volunteer research assistants will provide support to our staff and other volunteers in the areas of outreach, program development and program evaluation.This volunteer position provides an opportunity for motivated individuals to experience program development, research and evaluation. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication and research skills to help in the following areas: * Assisting with original research related to intimate partner violence * Entering pertinent data into program records This position offers a flexible schedule and you would be able to work from home (must have a PC and internet access, unlimited long distance calling preferred but not required).
This project is slated to continue over the 10 to 12 months. Please fill out the attached application and send it along with your resume' to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications are now being accepted.
- Course work or related experience: Must have some experience and/or coursework in the fields of social services, social science, social policy, public relations, and/or any related field
- Ability to work independently: Must be self directed, driven and able to work with little supervision. Decision making, problem solving, and research skills important.
- Interpersonal skills: Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Creativity, enthusiasm, flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely are essential * Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Must be a team player with a positive attitude Must make a 3-5 hours a week, six month commitment to this project.